March 1, 2007
TO: All Parish Priests
RE: Pope John Paul II Summer Youth Camp Program
By the grace of God and for love of the youth of Bataan, the Pope John Paul II Youth Camp in Peas, Limay, Bataan will be ready for blessing and inauguration on April 9, Bataan Day with a concelebrated Mass at 6:00 o’clock in the evening. Please join the blessing and concelebration.
The DIOCESAN YOUTH CAMP
The first JP II Diocesan Summer Camp will start on April 9 at 8:00 am until April 11 at 2:00 pm. Every parish and chaplaincy must send at least two and maximum of three participants who are active or may be prospective youth ministers in the community. They must be around 18 to 30 years old. Please take note of the following obligations:
1. Every participant must bring the following:
1.1 towel and beddings;
1.2 three small canned goods (one corned beef, one sardines and one sausage);
1.3 two small packs of noodles;
1.4 personal plate, spoon and fork
1.5 solidarity fee of P50 to be shouldered by the parish
2. All youth campers must attend a pre-camp orientation on March 31,
Saturday, from 8:00 am at the Bishop Celso Guevarra Formation Center in
The VICARIAL YOUTH CAMPS
From the graduates of the diocesan youth camp, the leaders hope to spot new leaders who can direct the vicarial youth camps. The requirements in item #1 in the diocesan youth camp apply to the vicarial camps as well. The dates are as follows:
1. April 12 at 8:00 am until April 14 at 2:00 pm: Vicariate of St. Peter of Verona
2. April 16 at 8:00 am until April 18 at 2:00 pm: Vicariate of St. Dominic
3. April 19 at 8:00 am until April 21 at 2:00 pm: Vicariate of Our Lady of the Pillar
4. April 23 at 8:00 am until April 25 at 2:00 pm: Vicariate of St. Michael
WORKSHOPS, SEMINARS AND CAMPS for Various Groups
You are greatly encouraged to use the facilities of the Pope John Paul II Youth Camp for your parish seminars, recollections and outings. You may call the Diocesan Chancery and reserve dates if you need the venue. Let us maximize the use of this camp for our parish formation programs. It has a free flowing pool, kitchen area and sleeping quarters for one hundred persons “camping style”. Please plan your parish summer youth or children’s camps during summer vacation. The Camp Officials are ready to help you.
The CAMP OFFICIALS
The camp Director for the Diocesan and Vicarial youth camps will be Father Bong Dammay, RCJ. He will be assisted by Father Felix Sevilla (RegistraTION, Secreatriat and Documentation); Father Mayong Margallo (Speakers Bureau, Priests of the Day); Father Norman Banzuela, OSJ and Father Eladio Lizada, OSJ (Kitchen Crew and Utensils, Maintanance, Sounds and Light System); Father Roy Guila (Security and First Aid); Father Milver Cruz (Liturgy and Pious Devotions) and Marino Dizon (Lubid Activities).
You are all encouraged to visit the camp anytime during your vicariate slot to animate and motivate the youth in this program.
We are opening a new chapter in the formation of our future leaders in the Church. I hope you will give your full support to your parish youth leaders and give them your preferential attention and encouragement.
+SOCRATES B. VILLEGAS
Bishop of Balanga
Pope JOHN PAUL II Youth CAMP
Peas, Limay, Bataan
Objectives of the Youth Camp:
1. To offer a religious spiritual experience for the youth of Bataan that will animate them to become formators of their fellow youth (youth serving youth);
2. To motivate the youth to know the Lord more deeply, to follow Him more closely and love Him more dearly;
3. To arouse a renewed sense of patriotism among the youth in the spirit of our diocesan vision HERO and Bataan Bayani at Banal.
1. Catechetical modules on “Walong Tandis” and “Pitong Sakramento”
2. Training and practicum with Taize prayer
3. Basic course in youth leadership
4. Ropes outdoor activities
5. Song and dance animation
1. Welcome and ID making/Orientation with Camp Rules and Discipline
2. Getting to Know Activities/ Groupings and Buddy System
3. Walong Tandis Lecture
4. Low Ropes and outdoor activities
6. Taize Prayer after Supper
1. Morning Prayer
2. Pitong Sakramento
3. Song and Dance Practice
4. Ropes events
6. Taize Prayer after Supper
Day Three (half day)
1. Morning Prayer
2. Basic Principles in Youth Leadership
3. Ropes activities and Pool Activities
4. Closing Eucharist
1. First batch will come from all parishes and chaplaincies. Each parish can send at least two and maximum of three participants who are prospective youth leaders in the parish. They must be between 18 to 30 years old.
2. We will actively promote and encourage vicarial and parish youth camps using the same flow and contents.
3. We can schedule summer youth camps for 2007.
1. Each participant brings own towels and beddings, three canned goods (corned beef, sardines and sausage) and one kilo of rice.
2. The camp solidarity fee is P50 for three days to be sponsored by the parish.
3. The camp will provide kitchen utensils, plates, spoons and forks.
4. The camp will get adult volunteers to prepare food.